If you have decided to get your hands on a new keyboard piano, then you have likely already run into two particular problems. First, you probably found that these products can be quite pricey – with some keyboard pianos having a price tag that can be as high as $2,000 or even higher in some cases. The second issue you may be facing is the fact that there is a massive variety of keyboard pianos on the market right now.
This all makes it hard to know which one of the many keyboard pianos that you are presented with will be the best choice for you. Sure, it is useful to keep your budget in mind. This way, you know what products you can afford and which ones you should skip due to a high price tag. There are, however, many other factors that should be taken into consideration when you decide to go out and buy a keyboard piano.
If you find it difficult to choose the product that is right for you, especially while shopping on a budget, then no need to worry. We have compiled a guide that is perfect for you. In this guide, you will discover the best cheap keyboard pianos that are currently available on the market. We will also share a couple of useful tips for you to help you find the keyboard that is right for you, whether you have a small or a large budget.
The Best Keyboard Pianos Under $1,000
Let’s start with the three best keyboard pianos that you will find at the moment with a price tag that is lower than $1,000. You will need access to a more significant amount of money to afford one of these keyboards. On the plus side, however, they usually offer much better sound quality and build quality compared to the cheaper options that are available on the market. We looked at many of the more expensive options out there and brought you the three best ones with a price limit of $1,000 in the section below.
#1. Casio Privia PX-870 Digital Piano
The Casio Privia PX-870 Digital Piano is the very first product that we recommend you take a look at if you have a large budget. The product comes at a price of just under $1,000 and is one of the best quality pianos that you will be able to find within this price range. The Casio Privia PX-870 Digital Piano comes in two great colors, including black and white – if you do prefer the white one, you will have to dig out about $100 more than the black color. The product comes with hammer-action keys, as well as four speakers to produce an exceptional sound. With this particular keyboard, you get an authentic experience, even though this is a digital piano.
- A top-quality keyboard piano that comes with a complete bundle to help you get started.
- Includes polishing cloth and a dust cover to ensure your piano always looks great and to expand its lifespan.
- The included headphones let you play piano in any room, even when the area is noisy. You can simply put on the headphones, and outside noise will be canceled out.
- Comes with 88 scaled hammer-action keys that offer beautiful sounds with every stroke of a key.
- One of the higher priced products, but if your budget allows you to spend a full $1,000, then this can be a great choice for you.
- The product is certainly not portable, which means you will not be able to move it around frequently.
#2. Yamaha YDP103 Arius Series Digital Console Piano
The Yamaha YDP103 Arius Series Digital Console Piano is primarily promoted as an entry-level digital piano. The product is on the expensive side in terms of pricing, with a price tag that is just under $900. Even though Yamaha claims that this is an entry-level option, the product offers exceptional quality and adequate features to suit the needs of most people looking to get their hands on a piano keyboard.
The product is compatible with a “Digital Piano Controller” application. The application is available on the Apple iOS store. You can easily map difference “voices” to the keys, and you have the ability to combine more than a single voice to your keys, providing you a way to experiment with different voices to create new experiences.
- One of the better quality pianos that you are going to find on the market at the moment.
- Compatible with a digital application that is compatible with iOS devices, greatly expanding the functionality of the Yamaha YDP103 Arius Series Digital Console Piano.
- Built-in half-damper pedals to add nuance; thus simulating the sound, you would achieve with a grand piano.
- Adds the ability to combine more than a single voice with a single play. This expands the possibilities you can achieve while playing on the piano.
- Quite expensive for a product that is promoted as an entry-level digital keyboard piano.
- It does not seem the mobile application is available on Android devices.
#3. Roland FP-10-BK 88-Note Digital Piano
The Roland FP-10-BK 88-Note Digital Piano comes as a complete package that you can buy. The package comes included with the main product, which would be the Roland FP-10-BK 88-Note Digital Piano, of course. In addition to the piano keyboard, you will also be given access to a pair of AKG headphones. This is a high-quality pair of headphones, which helps to block out external noises and gives you a more pleasant experience. The package also comes with a comfortable chair that was made so that you can enjoy playing the piano. Other accessories include a Roland DP-10 Damper Pedal, a mobile bracket, and an Aux cable so you can easily hook the piano up to a speaker system.
- A complete bundle that comes with a range of different accessories, in addition to the digital piano, in order to give you that “ultimate” experience when you use the product.
- Quite an impressive price when you consider all of the particular items that are included in this bundled package.
- A variety of options when it comes to expanding the usage and features of the digital piano, including the ability to easily connect the device to an external speaker system.
- Wireless connectivity features thanks to the Bluetooth technology that is built into the device.
- The product may not provide the same level of experience in terms of sound quality with the built-in speakers when compared to some of the other options we looked at in this section.
The Best Keyboard Pianos Under $700
If you are unable to spend $1,000 on a keyboard piano, but still want to ensure the product you buy will offer you the quality and convenience that you might desire, then consider the options listed below. They fall below the ones that we shared above, with a price limit of $700. These also offer great quality, excellent sound, and a range of built-in features that will definitely come to your aid while playing the piano.
#1. Casio Privia PX-150 Digital Piano
The Casio Privia PX-150 Digital Piano is available in a white color, which is great for those who are not too keen on the standard black color that most pianos come in. The product is on the pricier side, but the quality of the keyboard is exceptional. The device also comes as part of a package, which includes a keyboard stand that allows you to keep your piano stable while in use. Additionally, the package also includes a keyboard bench with a padded seat so that you can sit comfortably. A score stand, along with a scorebook, is also included with the Casio Privia PX-150 Digital Piano. Furthermore, the tri-sensor scaled hammer keys are very comfortable to use and can be adjusted to your needs and preferences.
- Comes in a beautiful white color, breaking apart from all of the keyboards that often only comes available in black color.
- The package includes a high-quality keyboard bench and a keyboard stand. This way, you can immediately sit down and start playing on your new digital piano.
- The product features 88 keys with tri-sensor and the ability to adjust the sensitivity of the keys to your particular liking.
- While this is a portable digital piano, it is larger than some of the other ones that we have seen. This could make it a little harder to travel with the device.
#2. Yamaha P71 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano
The Yamaha P71 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano perfectly mixed budget and features. This is an Amazon exclusive device and manufactured by a trusted brand that has been producing musical instruments for quite a few decades. The product includes everything you need to get started, including the 88-key keyboard piano, along with the power supply adapter, as well as a sustain foot pedal. There are ten voice effects that you can choose from while playing on the piano. A dual mode also allows you to play piano and have vocals playing on the device at the same time. The slim design makes this a portable device, allowing you to travel with it easily.
- The piano comes complete with a sustain pedal, as well as a power supply, making this a plug-and-play product that you can start using the moment you unpacked the device.
- A very affordable price when you consider the fact that this is an original Yamaha keyboard. You can pick the keyboard piano up for less than $400 at the moment.
- Features a fully weighted piano with a total of 88 keys. This is great for individuals who prefer a larger keyboard with more keys, compared to some of the more portable options that are available.
- The device comes with a variety of modes and features, including voices and a dual mode, that can be used while the keyboard is being used.
- Only available on Amazon and not from official Yamaha retailers.
#3. Alesis Recital Pro 88-Key Digital Piano
Another great option if your budget is lower than $700 would be the Alesis Recital Pro 88-Key Digital Piano. The keyboard features 88 premium-quality keys. These are all hammer-action keys that have a touch response that can be adjusted according to your preferences. There are 12 different voices built into the device, along with the ability to have up to two voices playing over multiple layers at the same time. The product comes bundled with a premium-quality stand that features a double-x design for added stability and durability. You can easily adjust the height of this stand from four inches up to 38 inches, depending on your preferences and what you feel comfortable with. A seat is also included in the bundle with a padded cushion, along with a foot pedal that helps you get the maximum level of performance out of the keyboard.
- Comes with a full 88-key keyboard. All keys are premium-quality and hammer-action to provide a better touch response.
- A great price for a quality product that also comes with additional accessories to enhance your overall experience with the keyboard piano.
- The double-x metal construction of the keyboard stand provides a stable product that will keep your keyboard in a perfect position for you to continue playing without having to worry about an unstable or wobbly surface.
- The height of the included keyboard stand can easily be adjusted, allowing you to find the height that is perfect for you and makes you feel most comfortable.
- The product does not come with the best foot pedal on the market. It is only a single foot pedal, but will still provide appropriate functionality for many users.
The Best Keyboard Pianos Under $500
Next up, we look at a few of the top keyboard pianos that you can choose from if you have a budget with a limit of $500. These pianos offer you a great balance between quality and features, as well as affordability. You get a more affordable keyboard than the ones shared in the previous sections but can still choose from top-rated brands and high-quality products.
#1. Yamaha PSREW410 Digital Piano
If you are looking for a device that can offer you a perfect balance between price and quality, and you wish to prioritize features, then be sure to take a good look at the Yamaha PSREW410 Digital Piano. The product comes at a relatively affordable price and is packaged as a bundle. The bundle comes with a doubled braced keyboard stand that features an x-style framework, which offers the stability you need while you are playing your piano. Additionally, the bundle also gives you access to a high-quality on-ear stereo headphone. You also get a folding piano bench in this bundle, which makes traveling easier.
- The Yamaha PSREW410 Digital Piano comes as a complete package. The bundle includes everything that you require to ensure you can enjoy the experience while using the piano.
- The x-style keyboard stand is stable and also durable. These are important features that you need to look at when it comes to a stand that will allow you to mount your keyboard.
- The system comes with Bass Reflex speakers, which means there is no need to connect external speakers to ensure the keyboard sounds great.
- This is quite an advanced system, which means beginners may find it difficult to configure the various settings. There are many buttons and settings that need to be adjusted to find that perfect sound.
#2. The ONE Light Keyboard
The ONE Light Keyboard, a device produced by the Tone Music Group, is a high-quality piano that comes at an affordable price. You can choose the buy the keyboard alone, or rather prefer to opt for a bundle that comes with additional accessories to make the use of the product more convenient. The bundle comes with a strong and sturdy double-x design keyboard stand, as well as a padded bench. The product has 61 keys in total. In addition to the great sound, the ONE Light Keyboard also offers you the ability to use the device as a MIDI keyboard. With this in mind, you are able to use the product for music production on your computer as well.
- You can select a bundled option that comes with an additional x-style keyboard style, along with a convenient padded bench to make things easier.
- The keyboard is available in three different colors, which include black, Sakura pink, and Golden White.
- A great price for a product that does offer high-quality features to make your experience more convenient.
- The keyboard can double as a MIDI keyboard, which makes this a great option for using while composing music.
- Not a significantly popular brand when it comes to keyboards and other types of musical instruments.
#3. Alesis Recital 88-Key Beginner Digital Piano
The Alesis Recital 88-Key Beginner Digital Piano is a great option if you are looking to buy your first keyboard without spending too much money. The product is exceptionally affordable, considering the fact that it comes with a full 88-key setting. There are five different voices built into the keyboard, making it easy to switch the sound of the piano keys. The product can be purchased as a bundle as well, which comes with a pedal and other accessories that you may need to elevate your experience with the digital piano.
- An affordable digital piano that comes with all the most important features that you will frequently rely on when using this type of device.
- You can choose between the standard black version or rather upgrade to the white colored option if you prefer.
- You can also select a bundle that comes with additional accessories to give you an all-in-one package, ensuring you can start enjoying your new digital piano the moment you receive it.
- Not the best product on the market, but does a good job for its price.
- This product is an Amazon exclusive, which means no local retailers will stock it. You have to buy it online if you wish to get your hands on the original Alesis Recital.
The Best Keyboard Pianos Under $300
The last section is perfect if you have a very low budget. You won’t find a keyboard priced over $300 here – in fact, some of the keyboards we share here fall under $200. These are budget-friendly options that won’t offer you the same features as you would find in the other categories that we looked at, but still offers you a great way to play keyboard piano when you are unable to afford some of the more expensive products out there.
#1. RockJam 61-Key Electronic Keyboard Piano
The RockJam 61-Key Electronic Keyboard Piano comes at a great price and includes an additional accessory bundle, termed the “SuperKit” by the manufacturer. In addition to the actual keyboard, you also get a bench with padding, a keyboard stand, a power supply unit, and a set of headphones. The keyboard has 61 keys and allows you to select between a wide range of sounds for keystrokes, as well as rhythms. You also get access to 50 demo songs that are pre-installed on the keyboard. The LCD screen that is also built into the piano makes it easy to adjust settings, switch between various voices, and more.
- A great choice if you do not have a lot of money to spend – grab this keyboard, along with additional accessories, for less than $130.
- Includes the RockJam SuperKit, which comes with a pair of high-quality headphones, a power supply, a keyboard stand, and a foldable stool.
- Choose between 100 different keyboard sounds, as well as 100 different rhythms, to give you the ultimate experience.
- The digital piano only has 61 keys.
#2. Hamzer 61-Key Portable Electronic Keyboard Piano
The Hamzer 61-Key Portable Electronic Keyboard Piano is available for under $100 and offers great quality for beginners who do not want to spend too much money on their first investment. The product also comes with a keyboard stand that features an x design for added stability. You will receive a microphone with the purchase of the Hamzer 61-Key Portable Electronic Keyboard Piano. The product offers a variety of different settings that you can adjust according to your preferences and the music that you are making. This digital piano also comes as a bundled option that includes a set of headphones and a padded bench.
- One of the cheapest digital pianos on the market that can still offer you appropriate quality to ensure you can enjoy the experience of playing on a keyboard.
- Comes with a few extra accessories, such as a microphone and a keyboard stand.
- Features built-in speakers that are not too bad considering the exceptionally low price of this particular digital piano.
- A portable product that is very easy to travel with.
- The fact that the piano only features 61 keys may be somewhat limiting for some users.
#3. Plixio 61-Key Digital Electric Piano Keyboard
The Plixio 61-Key Digital Electric Piano Keyboard is primarily a practice and a beginner’s keyboard. It features 61 keys, as the title of the product suggests, and comes with a range of useful features that can help you get used to the piano. The product is ideal for both children and adults alike. There is a small display unit that can be used to adjust several settings, along with a range of buttons to configure the voice of the keystrokes, rhythm, and other features that comes built into the product.
- A great product if your budget is under $100 and you still want to be able to enjoy an accurate sounding digital piano.
- This is the perfect option for kids, but many adults have also turned to the Plixio 61-Key Digital Electric Piano Keyboard – it is a great starting point for those interested in playing the piano.
- The dual power supply system means you do not necessarily have to be near a power source to play some music.
- This is one of the weaker quality keyboards out there but does great as a beginner or practice digital piano.
- The 61 keys are limiting and do not provide the same experienced when compared to a keyboard that features 88 keys, for example.
Keyboard Piano Buyers Guide
If you feel overwhelmed with all of the decisions that you have to make and all the products you need to filter through if you want to get your hands on a digital keyboard piano, then you should really take a step back. Without going into the process of buying a piano with the right plan of action in place, you will have a harder time finding the product that will work best for you.
To make things a little easier for you, we are going to take a look at a few pointers that can be helpful during your shopping process. Read on below to help you understand what you should really be looking at and particular factors that you should be keeping in mind if you are out there shopping for a new keyboard – regardless of your budget.
Consider your budget
Start out with your budget. During your shopping experience, your budget will definitely have the most significant impact on the selection of products that you will be able to choose from. As you probably already know, the price of a keyboard can vary a lot. For this reason, if you are not sure of your budget, then things will be much harder. You will also be more likely to spend more than you can really afford – which could even end up putting you in debt.
As you already saw in the area of this post where we shared some of the best piano keyboards you can buy, there are different budget ranges that you should really be taking into account. Consider deciding which of these budget ranges would best suit you. Can you afford to spend $1,000 or more? Or do you have a smaller budget? Is $700 too much for you? If you have a significantly low budget, then you might decide on limiting your budget to $200 or $300 perhaps.
Quality of keyboard
Once you know your budget, it is time to take a look at some of the options that fit within the price range that you have in mind. One of the very first factors that you should consider when you look at a specific keyboard piano is the quality of the device. You’ll find that it will not always be easy to determine if a particular product is a quality option, however.
One way to determine the overall quality of a keyboard would be to consider the brand. There are many brands out there that manufacture digital keyboards – some of these brands are definitely known to be better at making this type of products than others.
Yamaha and Casio are two examples of preferred brands when it comes to musical instruments, including piano keyboards. The problem, however, is that keyboards manufactured by these two brands can sometimes be somewhat expensive. For this reason, if you are low on budget, you might want to take a look at a few alternative brands that are able to give you access to keyboards at more affordable rates.
Be sure to do some research on the brand that manufactures a particular keyboard that you might be interested in. Also, do not forget to take into consideration the user review section. Here, you will be able to see if people are enjoying their experience with the keyboard. If there are complaints in the user review section, carefully consider these issues. They will help you determine if the product is not a good choice for you.
Number of keys
This is more of a personal choice, but also something that you should consider while you are shopping for a new keyboard piano. These products come in different key settings. Two particularly popular options would be the 61-key piano and the 88-key piano. There are other options as well. The larger and more expensive keyboard pianos on the market might offer you more keys. If you are on a lower budget, you might end up buying a portable option with fewer keys.
Some people prefer smaller keyboards, while others would rather choose to buy a keyboard with more keys fitted. You should consider your own personal requirements in order to determine which keyboard would be the most fitting option for you.
While it is vital that you determine the overall quality of a keyboard piano you may be interested in buying, do not overlook the importance of considering the sound quality as well. These products will usually come with a built-in speaker that can expel sound as you play the keyboard – the speakers are not always able to provide you with quality sound.
Similar to the case where you might want to consider the quality of the keyboard’s build, you can also look toward the review section when searching for a product online to determine if the keyboard will give you a quality sound experience.
People are usually very likely to complain if they find that the quality of a keyboard piano is poor. Thus, take a particular interest in the negative reviews that are found on the product’s page. These reviews will help you see if any of the people who have purchased the keyboard in the past found the sound to be of poor quality. If you find complaints about sound quality, try to look toward the next product on the list that you are considering.
In addition to taking a look at the sound quality of the keyboard, consider the speaker itself, as well as whether or not the product is compatible with an external speaker. This is a feature that not all keyboard pianos on the market will be able to offer you, but in cases where you are able to connect an external speaker, it can certainly be useful.
If you find a keyboard that has the ability to connect to an external speaker, then be sure to consider the connectivity options. You will find that most accept a standard 3.5mm jack for connection, but some options may rather connect through other ports. You should ensure that a speaker system you already own will be compatible with the keyboard piano that you would like to buy.
You should also take into account whether or not the keyboard comes with a built-in amplifier. In such a case, the sound quality could be greatly enhanced when compared to a keyboard piano that does not feature a built-in amplifier. You could, on the other end, always connect a compatible keyboard to an external amplifier, together with the connection to a speaker system.
Functions And Features
Next up, take a look at the specific functions that are offered by a keyboard piano, as well as useful and convenient features that could make your experience with the device more pleasant. There are various features that you may want to take into consideration here.
We found that a particularly useful feature would be touch response. A built-in screen that offers you the ability to adjust settings with a touch feature is certainly one of the more convenient features that a keyboard piano would be able to offer you.
Some digital keyboards on the market can easily double as a midi device. This can be useful for recording digital tracks on a computer. You can connect the keyboard to your computer, and it will be recognized as a midi device. You can then utilize a special type of software on your computer to appoint different types of instruments to the strokes of the keyboard. This way, producing music becomes easier and faster, and you are not required to have a significant variety of physical musical instruments.
Buying a piano can be a difficult task that you take on. Things seem simple enough at first, but when you see the many pianos that are on the market, along with the significant variety of brands that are producing these products, things do not seem as easy anymore.
We have taken a look at the hundreds of different keyboard pianos that are on the market and shared the best options with you in this post. To make the process easier, we looked at the best pianos that you can choose from based on your budget – thus, whether your budget allows you to spend $1,000 or rather just $300, there would definitely be a great piano for you to buy in this guide.
For those who want to expand their search to other products on the market, we also offered a number of useful tips. When you shop for a new keyboard piano, take a close look at each of the tips that we shared. This helps you filter through products faster and ensure you can find the piano that is perfect for you.